top of page

Grey & Melon Floral Card

Welcome back to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I was inspired by a beautiful picture I saw on FB, it had shades of grey with black and white. Then girl in a beautiful melon colored dress with angel wings. Now I did video this and then I some how deleted the footage (so sad). So I will give you a step by step tutorial. This really was a super simple card but, it is so stunning.

For the background, I started with a white piece of Neenah Classic Crest Cardstock trimmed slightly smaller than an A2 size card. I used Distress Oxide Inks in Black Soot and Hickory Smoke. I started with Hickory Smoke and blended from the bottom up and faded it into the white cardstock for an Ombre affect. I then blended in some Black Soot on the bottom and kept blending the two inks together until I was happy with the look.

I took some leaf stamps from The Stamp Market's Hand Painted Garden and starting at the bottom with Black Soot ink, stamped the leaf images. Then worked my way up with Hickory Smoke ink, not going into the white part of the cardstock, stopping in the grey ink. I stamped the sentiment from Double Take by The Stamp Market and used white embossing powder and heated that until it was melted.

Now for the flowers, I used The Stamp Market's Hand Painted Garden stamps. These are layering stamps. I used their Melon Ink only. I started with the first layer stamp and inked it with the Melon Ink and then would stamp off twice onto a scratch piece of paper, then I would stamp it a 3rd time onto my cardstock. It will be a very light image and that's what you want.

I took the second layer stamp and inked with the Melon Ink and stamped if off onto a scratch piece of paper once and then stamped it onto my floral image. Now you have a second layer slightly darker than the first. For the last layer I inked my 3rd image and did not stamp off onto a scratch piece of paper, just directly onto my floral image. I used a Misti Stamp Positioning tool for this. It makes it a thousand times easier.

I stamped the leaves in Hickory Smoke and Black Soot ink. I die cut all the images with the coordinating dies. I glued the inked panel to an A2 size card base, then using foam tape behind some of the image for dimension, I adhered all the flowers and leaves. I trimmed off the excess overhang on the sides.

I hope you enjoyed this project and I hope it inspires you. Thank you for stopping by and being a blessing to me.


***Supplies are listed and linked below***

Find Me:

Music By: Joe Petty


All opinions are my own. I use various companies products and I use what I like. Some items are gifted to me but, I only use what I like. There are some affiliated links above, it costs you nothing to use them but, it helps me to continue to create. Thank you for all your love and support. You are a blessing to me



bottom of page