top of page

Spellbinders|Susan's Spring Flora

Hey crafty friends, I have a couple of beautiful cards for you today using Susan's Spring Flora Collection from Spellbinders. I LOVE these die cut flowers, they are so realistic and so fun to put together. Now there is a lot of die cutting but, it is so relaxing. I'm using the Kerria Japonica die set and the Double and Single Peonies. I added a Glimmer Hot Foil sentiment to the cards for a pop of pizazz.

All opinions are my own, I use and share what I like. I have some affiliate links, they cost you nothing to use. Everything I used is listed and linked below.

I started by die cutting all of my flower pieces from white cardstock (you could use colored cardstock to save time). I colored my Peonies with Copic Markers in YR01,YR02. I layed down the darker color quickly with sweeping strokes from the center of the flower stopping before the outer edge of the petal, leaving some white areas. I then came in with YR01 and colored the whole flower from center to tip. Now you have a variation in color. I colored the back of the flower petals with the YR02 completely covering it. You don't want to leave that white. I did the same for the yellow flowers. I used Y11, Y08. I die cut the leaves and stems from colored cardstock.

I used a stylus tool that has a ball at the end and a foam pad to add dimension to the flower petals. I placed the petal on the foam pad and rubbed the stylus on the petals to give them shape so they are not flat. I glued all the pieces together.

For the backgrounds I used the Island Oasis ink collection from Pink Fresh Studios. There is four colors from the same family. I wanted a beautiful teal background so the coral and yellow flowers would pop. I started with a piece of white cardstock cut to 4 X 5.25 and took each small ink cube and started with the lightest color at the bottom. I took the ink bad directly to the paper and drug it from the left to the right side. I pressed heavier on the left and then got lighter as I worked towards the right, not inking all the way to the edge. I worked my way up to the top from lightest to darkest inks. I adhered all of the flowers to the background with liquid glue.

Now this card is done pretty much the same, I taped off a line at the top and inked the background the same, leaving the top white. I removed the tape when I was done inking and adhered all of the flowers and leaves. For both cards I used Yana's Special Sentiments Glimmer Hot Foil. I foiled those using Aura foil. It adds a beautiful touch to the cards. I finished them by added a few Gold Fever Sequins.

Thanks for stopping by, have a wonderful day!



1 comment

1 Comment

Joy, these cards are so beautiful and so realistic! I've got to get these dies soon! - Kim

bottom of page